Subject: Re: The Old Metropolitan Opera House
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Oct 2016 12:47:17 -0400

I was wondering about that sculpture the other day. I guess it had been
years since I paid any attention to it. Was it considered an "important"
work (by any definition of importance) at the time?

Regarding the bathrooms, although the pedal flush is not the way you would
build it today, I haven't noticed anything actually wrong with them.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Max D. Winter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The only thing I don't like is the
> hideous sculpture over the proscenium - but I'm used to it by now and,
> perversely, I would
> miss it if it were removed.

> The Met really needs to redo the bathrooms, though.  Those dated
> pedal-flush toilets need
> to go.

Marc Shepherd
New York, NY