Subject: Re: Norma - Canadian Opera Company
From: Premiere Opera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Oct 2016 23:22:36 -0400

I agree. She is the best Norma I have heard, and I heard both Sutherland
(without understanding one word) and Caballe many times each. Caballe,
about 1973 at the Met, was the best Norma I ever heard live, with Cossotto
also in great form. But Sondra wins big. Speaking for myself I cannot find
one thing about her Norma that can be done much better.
It is exactly performances such as her Norma that make one happy that
he/she love opera so much!!!

Brava Sondra. Long may you reign!!

Best wishes,
Ed