Subject: Re: Operatic Aesthetics
From: London Tier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:24:55 -0700

Geneviève/Eric -

I don't know whether you're in a minority, but we cannot change what we
like. It's rather like sex.

Having said that I think your list is great and it overlaps with many
operas I also profoundly love. It shows a strong interest for modernist
opera which as you know is also a passion of mine.
My own would include more Verdi, Wagner, Mozart, and possibly a Puccini or
two. I'd put Rusalka there too. But "favorite" isn't synonymous with
"greatest," and they're all worth knowing, n'est-ce pas?

On Thursday, October 20, 2016, Genevieve Castle Room <