Subject: Re: Cuts in the Met's new "Guillaume Tell"
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Oct 2016 00:32:20 -0400

Thank you for this summary of the cuts. I agree about the trio and wish it
had not been cut, but otherwise I also thought Luisi made some thoughtful
choices and minimal cuts.

Let me though suggest one major cut: a 40-minute long intermission! It was
right before the last act that lasted about 25 minutes. There must be
 better technological solutions for the set change because it's almost
absurd to have such a long intermission and, moreover, preceding the act
that is only about one half of the intermission time.

Vesna