Subject: GUILLAUME TELL and Wagner
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:24:22 +0000

Vesna wrote:

"The opera itself is majestic, influencing so many greats
from Meyerbeer to Verdi and, one might add, arguably even Wagner."

Yes, it anticipates so many scores - I like the little instrumental foretaste of AIDA Act III moonlght in the TELL lovers' duet.

And no argument, surely about Wagner, even from the likes of our resident Lone Genius Heldenblogger: most unmistakably, the wonderful harp-initiated final ensemble adumbrates the Bridge to Valhalla in RHEINGOLD.
Looking forward to hearing it live tomorrow.
All best- David