Subject: Re: "Guillaume Tell" Tonight
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:37:59 -0400

The booing sounded scattered to me.  Compared to the pervasive booing after opening night of the nonsensical Sonnambula a few years back, it was non-existent.

One gentleman came up to me after the performance while I was waiting for a friend to catch up with me, and he was absolutely scandalized that somebody near him was actually booing the production team.  I suggested that he put that out of his head, that the production was wonderful, and that the guy was nuts.

I don't know the opera well, aside from the soprano, tenor and baritone arias, a few striking phrases that have stuck in the mind from the various recordings, and bits and pieces of the ballet music.  I still found the performance close to definitive, and I can't wait to hear the remaining broadcasts.

Mike Leone

Ecco il Leone!

Sent from my iPhone