Subject: Center for Contemporary Opera. Next, the world premiere of Louis Karchin's Jane Eyre (fwd)
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:39:28 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Subject: Center for Contemporary Opera. Next, the world premiere of Louis
Karchin's Jane Eyre

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Many thanks to those that attended *Odysseus' Women* and *Anais Nin* by
Louis Andriessen at National Sawdust last Saturday. The house was sold-out!

You will not want to miss *Louis Karchin’s* *Jane Eyre*, a full-length
opera in three acts with a libretto by *Diane* *Osen* based on Charlotte
Bronte’s novel. *Jane Eyre *will receive its world premiere at the Kaye
Playhouse on Thursday, October 20, 7:30pm with a second performance on
Saturday, October 22, 8pm.  *Jane Eyre* is Karchin’s second opera, composed
in 2014, following his critically acclaimed one-act comic opera *Romulus*.
The work draws on a cast of 9 singers headed by *Jennifer Zetlan* and *Ryan*
*MacPherson*, an orchestra of 34 musicians, and chorus. Our production
coincides with the 200th anniversary year of the birth of Charlotte Bronte.
On the podium will be CCO’s Chief Conductor, Grammy nominated *Sara Jobin.*
Distinguished director *Kristine McIntyre, *who recently received an Emmy
nomination for her production of Janacek's *Jenufa,* makes her CCO debut.
Tickets are going fast.

*Jane Eyre, The Kaye Playhouse*

*October 20 at 7:30 Tickets
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fkayeplayhouse.primetix.com%2FTickets%2F%3Fperfid%3D434>*

*October 22 at 8pm Tickets
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fkayeplayhouse.primetix.com%2FTickets%2F%3Fperfid%3D435>*

We return to *National Sawdust *on October 26 and 27 for the world premiere
of *Sweat
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fcenterforcontemporaryopera.org%2Fsweat%2F>*
by
the New Zealand-Canadian composer *Juliet Palmer *created with librettist *Anna
Chatterton*. *Sweat *is a full-length a cappella opera composed for 5
singers and chorus. The opera is a kaleidoscope of characters and stories
collected from factories around the world. The work offers a window into
the lives of the unseen millions hailing from Bangladesh, Vietnam, Italy,
China, India and the U.S., who work to clothe us and the high-flying
designers whose fantasies feed the fashion industry. *Giselle Ty* makes her
directing debut with CCO and we are very happy to welcome back
conductor *Lidiya
Yankovskaya*.

*Sweat, National Sawdust*

*October 26, 7pm Tickets
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fnationalsawdust.org%2Fevent%2Fopera-cco-presents-sweat-by-juliet-palmer-2%2F>*

*Oct 27, 8pm Tickets
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fnationalsawdust.org%2Fevent%2Fopera-cco-presents-sweat-by-juliet-palmer%2F>*

*Love Hurts
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fcenterforcontemporaryopera.org%2Flove-hurts%2F>*by
*Nicola Moro* will receive its U.S. premiere on October 28 at Symphony
Space. The librettist is *Lisa Hilton*, aka as L.S. Hilton, author of the
current bestseller “Maestra.” This opera was presented in its world
premiere on June 25, 2016 at Milan’s Teatro Piccolo as a collaboration with
the Associazione Solocanto. *Love Hurts*, a one-act opera set in 1814,
imagines the Marquis de Sade, in his lunatic asylum, re-enacting the trial
of notorious 15th century hero-turned-murderer Gilles de Rais, the
inspiration for the Bluebeard legend. *James Ross,* one of the U.K.'s
outstanding conductors joins us and the staging is by *Federica
Santambrogio *who delighted all of us with her direction of John Austin's*
Heloise and Abelard.*

*Love Hurts, Symphony Space*

*October 28, 7:30pm Tickets
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.symphonyspace.org%2Fevent%2F9436%2FMusic%2Flove-hurts>*

We close our season on November 2 with a program by CCO’s
Composer-in-Residence *Eric Salzman *featuring *Cassandra Ground Zero
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fcenterforcontemporaryopera.org%2Fseason%2Fcco-composer-in-residence-eric-salzman-and-friends%2F>*
with
*Kristin Norderval* (vocalist & computer processing) with direction by *Kira
Simring*, a song cycle performed by *Jessica Fishenfeld*, soprano, *Scott
Joiner*, tenor and *Eric Sedgwick,* piano plus *Connection Lost
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fcenterforcontemporaryopera.org%2Fseason%2Fcco-composer-in-residence-eric-salzman-and-friends%2F>*
(The
Tinder Opera) a short film by Adam Taylor and Scott Joiner. This all takes
place at the* cell theatre* at 238 W. 23rd St.

*Eric Salzman and Friends, the cell theatre*

*November 2, 8pm Tickets
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownpapertickets.com%2Fevent%2F2595226>*

This represents our most ambitious and exciting season in many years.
Please visit our homepage
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fcenterforcontemporaryopera.org%2Fseason%2F>
for more information on each opera. I hope you will join us!

Sincerely,

Jim Schaeffer

Center for Contemporary Opera programs are supported in part by public
funds from The National Endowment of the Arts, the New York State Council
on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York
State Legislature, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in
partnership with the city council, and with generous major contributions
from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Geoffrey C. Hughes Foundation,
The Virginia B. Toulmin Foundation, The Prince Charitable Trust, the Ann
and Gordon Getty Foundation, and the Ramon Llull Institute. We are most
appreciative of all our supporters.

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ficont.ac%2F3yEWs&t=200>
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fshare%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Ficont.ac%252F3yEWr%26text%3DCenter%2Bfor%2BContemporary%2BOpera.%2BNext%252C%2Bthe%2Bworld%2Bpremiere%2Bof%2BLouis%2BKarchin%2527s%2BJane%2BEyre%26via%3DConOpera&t=300>
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ficont.ac%2F3yEWu&t=400>
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=60852597&msgid=1638498&act=WZW3&c=331857&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ficont.ac%2F3yEWv&t=500>

Jim Schaeffer | [log in to unmask] | | PO Box 3169 | New York, NY 10163

Email Marketing by [image: iContact - Try It Free!]
<http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>
Manage Your Subscription
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=60852597&l=106532&s=WZW3&m=1638498&c=331857>