Subject: why it pays to back up your files
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Oct 2016 08:59:28 -0500

For some unknown reason my “complete operas” database disappeared from my computer. This file contains roughly 3000 entries, many of which date back several decades. You can imagine my chagrin when, attempting to open the file, I received the bad news that it was damaged and couldn’t be opened.

Fortunately, I had backed up all my files and, with the kind and knowledgeable assistance of Apple Tech Support, it’s up and running again!

I urge everyone who keeps his/her opera collection catalogued on a computer backs up assiduously on a regular basis.

Kurt Youngmann (with a sigh of relief)

“The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best -- and therefore never scrutinize or question." - Stephen Jay Gould