Subject: Re: Fabiano - yea or nay?
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Oct 2016 16:21:19 -0400

idia and list,

I don't know his work all that well, but I'm enjoying him
enormously on the broadcast. He sounds very at ease in
this music, and very idiomatic. Actually, I'm enjoying the
whole performance, and the audience seems very happy
with just about everything. Pape is starting to sound a
little pressed, but fortunately for us and for Verdi, he
is singing the music rather than imitating Furlanetto's
over the top barking. The women are fine, and I'm happy
enough. It is a great work, though the less than logically
joined dramatic sequences make it all seem more than
a little too episodic.

Bob