Subject: Re: Fabiano - yea or nay?
From: Laurence Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:37:16 -0400

Voice, vocalism, art, interpretation, musicality, whatever?
There are singers whose voices I don't especially like, but adore there singing
art.
There are singers with gorgeous voices who don't move me, that I find boring,
and who IMO are not the best of artists/interpreters.

There are singers who are okay, but that I just don't like, for whatever personal
reason. Who says we have to be supremely objective and support our likes and
dislikes for this list?

There are great singers who I just don't care for, but I would never say many of
these weren't great. Just not my cup of tea.

Who says we have to be gaga about every new singer that comes along? Over
the past sixty plus years of my opera listening/going, how many of these new,
"fabulous" singers have turned out to be duds? Many, many! We just wait and
see how things turn out.