Subject: Re: Fabiano - yea or nay?
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 17 Oct 2016 22:31:28 +0000

I never thought of Lanza as a potential operatic tenor, certainly he was not primarily an opera singer.  He did, IMO, have a more pleasant sound recording arias and was better looking than Fabiano so that Mario would have been the better studio choice to portray Caruso in that movie. I have seen Fabiano on TV and quite a bit on You Tube and have not been overly impressed. To my ears, he is a lyric tenor trying to become a spinto.  His voice, like Sondra's, can sound pleasant singing at low or mid volume but tends to become rather raspy or harsh sounding the louder it gets.