Subject: cast listings
From: Ellen Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:59:42 -0700

As a volunteer for the San Francisco Opera archives, I compiled a data
base of their opera tape recordings.  I was told that their is a
"tradition" as to the order that the parts are listed; for example, the
Countess is above Susanna. (I suspect one's societal rankings had
something to do with this.) I finally decided to list the cast in the
order they appeared in the program, which was usually in order of vocal
appearance.

--
Ellen Braner Grinnell