Subject: Re: Tristan
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 9 Oct 2016 00:05:58 -0400

I was just writing a friend that the rainy weather here made it a fine day
to spend five and half hours in a lovely old theater. I did think the set
and costume designers put a serious damper on the poetry and romanticism of
the opera. Was that a refashioned drape Stemme was wearing the the third
act? And was that the ship's brewery where the love scene took place? Still,
the singing and acting, and of course the glorious music, made it a fine
afternoon.

Ken