Subject: Re: Women Last !!
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:17:42 -0400

"Most"?  Can you cite which houses do this?

Looking at recent (in the past 5 years) programme books from a dozen
different houses in different countries I do not see a single instance where
"all the men are listed first and then the women".  If anything, European
houses frequently list the musical director first, followed by the stage
director and other members of the production team.  In my own experience the
cast is listed in order of appearance, or in order of relative role importance.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:09:23 -0400, Ken Levy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I notice on most European castings lists whether it be an opera recording
or a live
>performance, all the men are listed first and then the women, irregardless
of their
>role's importance.  I can understand the tradition of such listings, but
how do they
>get away with it today?

Modify your settings: