Subject: Re: Has "Samson et Dalila" gone the way of "Mignon"
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:00:20 -0400

My first opportunity to hear SAMSON & DALILA came in the final
Old Met season when Jon Vickers, whom I was also hearing for the
first time astounded me with the volume of tone he projected up into
the family circle, (sitting there was also a first, for me);  I couldn't
have "snoozed" if I had wanted to, so exciting was the experience
from beginning to end.   Dalila's entrance amid a shower of rose petals
was one of the deMille-ish production's many highlights    For my money,
S&D, along with FAUST and CARMEN, represents the ultimate in
French operatic achievement

dtmk