Subject: Re: Peter Allen - RIP
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:18:19 -0400

Yes - upbeat and enthusiastic, but still with a very traditional-sounding "classic" and classy
manner.

Though I do know the hosts since that time have all done professional work, sometimes
there is a more casual cheerleader-ish/gossipy tone to things that, I guess, reflects a more
contemporary style, but I do miss the older approach. With Peter Allen, you could often
hear the genuine smile in his voice without him having to get "cute," as I feel things tend to
get today.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:44:39 -0400, Mike Hetsko <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Yes, his delivery was upbeat.  Sounded like he loved what he was doing and that he loved
the day's opera (even if he really didn't-Cilea). Was sorry when he retired; even though he
was getting on in years made it understandable.