Subject: Re: Peter Allen - RIP
From: Bruce Prentice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Oct 2016 21:54:37 +0000

Sad to hear this news.  I began listening to the radio Met broadcasts just as Mr. Allen took over from Mr. Cross.He had a distinctive voice like a teacher, but was easy to listen to and I never felt he "talked down" to the audience, nor talked to us like children.  He was definitely old-style school of broadcasting voice delivery, but it worked for me.

I will always treasure his broadcast Met introductions and his long career with them.  I believe right up until he signed off, he never missed one of his scheduled Met broadcasts which is an amazing thing in itself
RIP Mr. Allen