Subject: Peter Allen - RIP
From: Richard Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Oct 2016 14:16:19 -0400

I haven't seen this yet, but Peter Allen, former radio host of the Metropolitan Opera
Broadcasts has passed away at 96.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/arts/music/peter-allen-a-voice-on-the-radio-for-the-
met-opera-dies-at-96.html

His was a distinctive and erudite voice and he carried the tradition of announcing Met
broadcasts with honor. The first Met broadcast I heard happened to be Milton Cross' last and it
seemed to me that Peter Allen picked up the mantle seamlessly.

Richard Russell