Subject: Re: Tristan
From: Sue Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Oct 2016 01:04:11 +0000

I was in movie theater for this T und I, moved to my soul and stunned into silence.

I have strongly held opinions and am not posting them here for debate or discussion!! I don't have erudition or stamina for extended debate, especially about the error of my judgments . . . but for the record I wouldn't have missed this!

I wished for more visual color, was unclear about meanings found in some projected elements and in presence of silent supers periodically wandering through the sets from time to time, don't appreciate having my attention hijacked by ambiguous modern projections when the other half of my elderly brain is processing the magic of the Met Orchestra, Sir Simon Rattle, Rene Pape, Nina Stemme, and the more earthbound, though acceptable, performances of their colleagues
Over on Facebook in a moderated group called "Met Opera Live in HD Fans," there's an explosion of opinion about Tristan und Islolde, its production/projections, its singers, the Met Orch. and Sir Simon Rattle.

The group is open to newcomers and every level of experience, but only with civil conversation and respectful acceptance of each member's knowledge or lack thereof.

We share reminiscences, favorite operas/recordings/performers, info on repertoire, links to professional reviews and articles, dates and times of live streaming or Pay-Per-View entertainments. Irony and snark aren't welcome there, which is just as well since they are difficult to decipher accurately across our posts almost anywhere online.

"Met Opera Live in HD Fans" is a safe space for what we have to say about opera, especially about Wagner's T und I.
Take a look. If the Facebook group interests you even a little, apply to join.

Sue HarrisonDallas, TX