Subject: Re: Tristan
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 9 Oct 2016 14:22:30 -0400

As with most recent new Met productions, much extraneous detail lost to
upper tier viewing, may come across more advantageously in HD.  That
won't explain however, such absurdities as a supposedly embattled
vessel whose bridge is empty of pilot (let alone steersman) for the
convenience of Isolde's Act Two rendezvous, or the sudden descent
she and her hapless lover make to the depths of the cargo hold where
a sharp white uniformed Marke inconveniently appears out of nowhere
for the coitus interuptus.  I patiently wait to discover via PBS, what
subtleties of
movement and reaction can take the place of the Marx Brothers'  NIGHT IN
THE INFIRMARY, which was all I could make of Act Three when I attended the
premiere.

dtmk