From: Bob Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Oct 2016 05:37:04 -0400

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

Yo Yo Ma (1955)'
Charles Dutoit (1936)
Delia Rigal (1920-2013)
Alfred Wallenstein (1898-1983)

Also, the following works  premiered on this date:

Gounod's "Polyeucte" (1878)
Herbert's "Mile Modiste" (1905)
Lehar's "Die Furstenkind" (1909)
Sullivan's "Utopia Limited" (1893)
Rimsky-Korsakov's "Le Coq d'Or" (1909)

Let us remember the following artists who joined Heaven's Choir on this

Helen Watts (1927-2009)
Mario Lanza (1921-1959)
Frieda Hempel (1885-1955)

The quote for today is:  “I sing from the heart... I sing the words of a
song and really feel them, from the top of my head to the tip of my
toes... I sing as though my life depends on it, and if I ever stop doing
that then I'll stop living”
Mario Lanza.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today and
all forum members who share their birthday with them.

ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring contributions
to the world of classical music.

ARTISTS' EVENTS honors the following Hall of Fame peerless artists for
their profound contributions to the world of opera:

Tenor of all tenors Enrico Caruso (25 February 1873-2 August 1921)
Coloratura prima donna assoluta Erna Berger (19 October 1900-14 June
Soprano prima donna assoluta Rosa Ponselle (22 January 1897-25 May
Prima contralto assoluta Fedora Barbieri (4 June 1920-4 March 2003)
Baritone unequaled Leonard Warren (21 April 1911-4 March 1960)
Basso profundo of all bassos Ezio Pinza (18 May 1892-9 May 1957)

In memory of the following first rate artists for October 2016:

Primo tenore Giovanni Martinelli (22 Oct 1885-2 Feb 1969)
Coloratura stupenda Selma Kurz (15 Oct 1874-10 May 1933)
Soprano prima donna Leyla Gencer (10 Oct 1928-10 May 2008)
Contralto assoluta Bruna Castagna (15 Oct 1896-10 Jul 1983)
Baritone unparalleled Tito Gobbi (24 Oct 1913-5 Mar 1984)
Basso profundo Igor Gorin (26 Oct 1904-24 Mar 1982)
Distinguished virtuoso Vladimir Horowitz (1 Oct 1903-5 Nov 1989)
Preeminent conductor Alfred Wallenstein (7 Oct 1898-8 Feb 1983)
Premier composer Jose Serrano (14 Oct 1873-8 Mar 1941)
Featured premier Giaochino Rossini's "L'Equivico Stravagante" (26 Oct

"Mas Canciones," Linda Ronstadt
"Canciones de Mi Padre," Linda Ronstadt
"Jardin Azul: Las Canciones Favoritas," Linda Ronstadt
"Greatest Italian Songs," vol 1, Connie Francis
"Greatest Italian Songs," vol 2, Connie Francis
"Spanish and Latin American Favorites," Connie Francis
Bing Crosby: "White Christmas," with sales of over 100 MILLION copies.
Also, he was the best recording artist of the 20th century with over
half a BILLION records in circulation.

May ARTISTS' EVENTS put a smile on your face and a song in your heart
each day.

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
( May God's Will Be Done)

-- - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

Modify your settings: