Subject: Re: Rita Gorr live in Le Favorite
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Oct 2016 18:43:39 -0400

Rita Gorr sang a stentorian Amneris in Boston opposite Nilsson and Thomas on a Met tour.
She also sang Neris in a concert version of Medea with Sass with a very short-lived concert
group.  In regard to the Ortrud, it was recorded with Leinsdorf and the BSO. A chorister
said to me that at the early rehearsals she was a little aloof but later opened up and
told people that she shouldn't have agreed to record the role because she was "really a
contralto".  She was known to be a very good Madame de Croissy.

Angelo from Boston