From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Oct 2016 16:40:02 +0000

You are obviously trying to get me into a mad slinging argument. You will fail. Books written by Joseph Volpe and Jimmy Breslin bring out a lot of this stuff. Most importantly, I am not the poster who brought Ms. Price into this. It was brought up by another poster, and I could only validate it's truth. That poster said nothing wrong. Leontyne Price stands as the most revered and cherished artist of all. Her dignity and her "class" were never brought into question. But some of the most loved people in the world have, in the privacy of their homes, or in manager's offices, have proved they they too are human beings, and may make a remark that they probably should have abjured making. Miss Price is a human being, and there's no human being who has not at one time or another said something which some may consider "inappropriate".
If someone's obese, that's not an opinion ----------- that's a fact. Again, "political correctness". As a music teacher, I've been called into question for using the word "retard" in relation to music, but some people are so stupid that they don't realize that the word has two completely different meanings. Honestly, I don't give a damn. You've knocked this whole thing up to another level. I, who have nothing but the highest regard for Leontyne Price, applauded and commended her for taking this stand.
Other artists who've made must worse remarks about other artists: do some checking on Jon Vickers, Grace Bumbry, and some others. I've done a lot of reading, and I've never relied only on one source.
You need to get real! But please do it with someone else. I have no time for such nonsense.