Subject: Re: Leontyne Price's discriminating remark (WAS Re: Bonynge Interview about Pavarotti)
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:15:12 -0400

Ken said: "I remember Pavarotti's last Met Tosca as well - he had glasses
of water strategically placed around the set in Act 1. Sad to see actually."

I was there too and couldn't help but give a quiet chuckle when the loud
gun blast went off in the final act as he was surrounded by many potato
sacks which he grasped tightly as he carefully and sl-o-o-wly finally
descended to the ground.
But despite all these sideline props to help him, if nothing else, he still was
in command of his beautiful high notes.

Modify your settings: