Subject: Re: Leontyne Price's discriminating remark (WAS Re: Bonynge Interview about Pavarotti)
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:15:12 -0400

Ken said: "I remember Pavarotti's last Met Tosca as well - he had glasses
of water strategically placed around the set in Act 1. Sad to see actually."

I was there too and couldn't help but give a quiet chuckle when the loud
gun blast went off in the final act as he was surrounded by many potato
sacks which he grasped tightly as he carefully and sl-o-o-wly finally
descended to the ground.
But despite all these sideline props to help him, if nothing else, he still was
in command of his beautiful high notes.