Subject: Re: Bjoner
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:58:19 -0400

I did buy that Farrell tape, and made my own cd of it,  It's
the one Wagner role that might actually have worked for her if the
Met had only asked her to do it.   ( She used to insist that
"they never asked").

You didn't mention that the Act Two was with the Boston Symphony, not too
shabby either.  She appeared in a concert version of all three acts five
years later in St.Louis.  It's all on my cds.

I think that Bjoner and Farrell are the only two who might be said to
approach the standard of pure vocal splendor set by Flagstad, Traubel, and
Nilsson in the role.

dtmk