Subject: Re: Bonynge Interview about Pavarotti
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Oct 2016 02:39:11 +0000

I have no intention of getting into a pissing match over this. Everyone knows about the dangers of carrying around an extra 150 to 200 pounds. It increases the odds for diabetes, heart disease, stomach and colon cancers, as well as a plethora of other problems. It's also causes blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels. You don't have to be a doctor to know that a man who's 200 pounds overweight and eats like a god-damned horse is a walking time bomb waiting to explode.
This is not a matter of body shaming. It's a matter of life and death. Any intelligent human being knows this. Yes, Pavarotti had a great career, but it could have been a far greater and monumental career. He never achieved the artistic potential that his magnificent voice warranted.
When Leontyne Price was asked to sing with Pavarotti, she accepted, but she said, "provided I get paid more than the fat man"
'Nuff said...........case closed.