Subject: Re: Katia Ricciarelli
From: Greg Keesler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Sep 2016 22:22:32 -0400

Yes...still alive...there are lots of painful clips from the last couple of years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJgXEBXiH8

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 20:06:02 -0500, Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I decided to look at some Ricciarelli moments on You Tube. I stumbled upon a
live concert "Ebben ne andro". I don't know the year, but judging by the gown
and hair it was mid 80's.

>I have some of her Phillips recordings and never played them more than once,
those things she did with Carerras. Voice sounded generic, but on this concert
clip the voice was more arresting. Watching her sing I got the feeling that the
placement was rather odd, further back. The big note was just short of a
scream. Very odd technique.