Subject: Re: Katia Ricciarelli
From: Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Sep 2016 20:06:02 -0500

I decided to look at some Ricciarelli moments on You Tube. I stumbled upon a live concert "Ebben ne andro". I don't know the year, but judging by the gown and hair it was mid 80's.

I have some of her Phillips recordings and never played them more than once, those things she did with Carerras. Voice sounded generic, but on this concert clip the voice was more arresting. Watching her sing I got the feeling that the placement was rather odd, further back. The big note was just short of a scream. Very odd technique.

Is she still alive?

Patrick Byrne

Sent from my iPhone