Subject: Re: Katia Ricciarelli
From: Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Sep 2016 16:34:00 -0400

IMHO, I think she was very insecure as a person.  Didn’t she and Carreras  get together, albeit briefly, an affair that ended badly?  Also, she portrayed Florence Foster Jenkins in “Glorioso!”, an Italian version of the play “Glorious!” which doesn’t require the actress to sing.  The fact that she allowed videos to be made of her singing long after retirement says a lot about her delusion.  But her pp high Bb in the Requiem aeternam movement of the Verdi Requiem with Karajan is the best one I Know of.

Donald