Subject: Re: Katia Ricciarelli
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Sep 2016 14:01:40 -0600

I agree that von Karajan did not help her voice when he asked her to do
roles that were definitely too heavy for her voice.  She still sounds
reasonably good in the Il Viaggio from Pesaro with Abbado in 1984 and
sounds very good with Horne in Bianca et Falliero in 1966 also in Pesaro.
Both of these are available on Youtube.

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.