Subject: Re: Fwd: Rejected posting to [log in to unmask]
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Sep 2016 19:49:19 -0400

I was at the Tanglewood Tristan. It was a Bernstein heavily cut Tristan which was
scheduled to include Isolde's big piece in Act 1 (sometimes called the Invocation
and Curse), then the Act 2 duet, then Tristan's Act 3 big scene and then the Liebestod.
Of course the Vorspiel came first. I have mentioned my being there earlier here.
Unfortunately James King was not feeling well so Bernstein announced that the Act 3
scene would not be given. It was the Tanglewood Festival Orchestra that played the
concert and I still can remember Bjoner's thrilling and glorious sound that day.
Bernstein had scheduled the concert for earlier in the week but more than likely
because it was not sufficiently prepared he waited until it was ready. It happened
to be during my and friends' vacation week in July and so we were able to attend.
In those days we would drive to Tanglewood at the drop of a hat. Not so much today.

Angelo from Boston