Subject: Norma at Covent Garden: Yoncheva - Calleja impress
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:02:08 +0000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt1JY2HgjE&feature=youtu.be
The press and audience seems quite enthusiastic about this new production.

Did anyone attend it? Yoncheva sounds surprisingly good and nuanced Norma. I've never heard the phrase "e la vita..io ti perdono" like that before. I think they've worked hard to make this a convincing concept. Calleja also sounds interesting as Pollione based on this final scene.

Takis