Subject: Recorded arias that are supreme historic examples of Mozart singing?
From: "Conrad, Stephen A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Sep 2016 01:10:37 +0000

Please give me tips to share with a student that will fill the bill as above specified.
I am starting him off with an example that is about as unimpeachable as I know of: John McCormack's "Il mio tesoro."

Ivoguen's Queen of the Night arias, yes?

examples that are "beyond reproach"?   "human approximations of Mozartian perfection," a la Clara Haskil . . . ?

Less a consensus classic, but an example that for me fills the bill is a 1956 live "Ach, ich fuehls" by Gruemmer.

Pray give me your tips; and your comments would be doubly welcome.

Sent from my iPad