Subject: Re: Examples of supreme singing of Mozart arias
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Sep 2016 02:34:17 +0000

What's interesting about that is that the Met still issued the "Dove sono" in its compilation of highlights from the gala.  The Met's issuing of the aria reminds me of Culshaw's tale in Ring Resounding of a Strauss waltz they were recording and that Knappertsbusch was conducting and that went awry at a repeat, where half of the orchestra went ahead and the other half went back.  When Kna was told about this, he said "Scheisse...do you think anyone else will notice?"  I guess the Met asked itself the same question about Dame Kiri's "Dove sono" and answered in the negative...

Mike