Subject: Re: "Tristan und Isolde" at the Met, opening night...Sept. 26, 2016
From: Laurence Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:28:14 -0400

I listened to Acts I and II last night. Then onto the "Debate." LOLOL

About Stemme:I have never heard her in person, but have seen/heard her in
live streams, DVD's in a number of roles. I have admired her fine
singing/interpretations/acting, but have never been bowed over by any of it. I
find the voice itself kinda dull, without much personality.

In Wagner's major soprano roles, I prefer Behrens, Nilsson, Mödl (who, btw,
was my favorite in person Isolde, (1957?) Varnay, Jones (on a good night) not
to mention the true greats of the past. I am not familiar with Marton's work in
this area.