Subject: Re: "Tristan und Isolde" at the Met, opening night...Sept. 26, 2016
From: danielkessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:47:47 -0400

>Subject: Re: "Tristan und Isolde" at the Met, opening night...Sept. 26, 2016

...my point is that...you cannot take a piece so anchored in medieval heraldry as is the case with "Tristan und Isolde"...as seen last night in Act I ...onboard a massive "super-tanker" ship...caught in roiling seas!  That is a "banality!"

...by doing that...you overwhelm the story and crush it into insignifiance!

Kind regards,
Dan Kessler