Subject: Re: OPERA-L Digest - 24 Sep 2016 (#2016-979)
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Sep 2016 04:43:01 +0000

 Hi Jon
In re Troyanos and Price...

Not that the Komponist and the Prima Donna duet, but they are in the Prologue together..

Interesting abut the special "Soave sia" made for SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY- a new factoid to treasure. Was the track ever released commercially?  IMDBb does not say who sings the radio "Auf Flügeln des Gesanges" in the film-which I have seen inky in bits, I was wee -or at least a kid- when it appeared.

By the way, I must dissent on Eiisabeth Schumann's "Deh vieni", which has her usual virtues but also her usual inability or (I think Michael Scott says) unwillingness to sing low notes with any chest resonance, which is kind of a disqualifier in this particular aria. Give me Popp, Donath, McLaughlin, Mathis, Freni or Rebecca Evans any day...
Cheers - David