Subject: Auto-correct and Elisabeth Schumann
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:16:45 -0700

First, since Max mentioned La Damnation du Auto-correct, I must note how
delicious it was to see Roberta's "Scordi" turned into "Scorpio."

Second, and in now way related to the first point. Re: the irreplaceable
Elisabeth Schumann. Schumann first recorded some of the lighter Mozart
arias in German in the acoustic era, and then re-recorded them in Italian
in the electrical era, when she was 38. I have found some of the German
versions more lively and spontaneous. Either way, she is adorable.

jason

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA