Subject: Re: Examples of supreme singing of Mozart arias
From: Hans Christian Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:04:43 +0200

Some of my favorites on record: F-D's "Hai gia vinta la causa" on the
Bøhm Nozze, Leopold Simoneau,s "Dalla sua pace" on the complete Philips
recording (the "Il mio tesoro" is not bad either"and Kim Borg's "In
diesen heil'gen Hallen" on a recital disc from the early fifties; Fritz
Wunderlich's "Ich baue ganz". I will for ever remember Theresa
Stich-Randal's "Dove sono" at a tour performance by the Vienna State
Opera in Oslo in 1958 (?), with Erich Kunz as Figaro and Rita Streich as
Susanna.