Subject: Re: Examples of supreme singing of Mozart arias
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Sep 2016 07:05:47 -0400

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 00:02:29 +0000, tom ponti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My greatest Don Giovanni performance had: Siepi, Sutherland, Lorengar, Gedda, and I
think Flagello conducted by Karl Bohm. Not sure who the Zerlina was or the year,
probably mid to late sixties. Kiri Te kanawa's  Dove Sono was one of the most beautifully
sung arias I ever heard at the Met, one Saturday night.

The database shows just one Met performance with that particular combination:

January 28, 1967 Matinee Broadcast

DON GIOVANNI {274}

Don Giovanni............Cesare Siepi
Donna Anna..............Joan Sutherland
Don Ottavio.............Nicolai Gedda
Donna Elvira............Pilar Lorengar
Leporello...............Ezio Flagello
Zerlina.................Laurel Hurley
Masetto.................Theodor Uppman
Commendatore............Bonaldo Giaiotti

Conductor...............Karl Böhm