Subject: Recorded arias that are supreme historic examples of Mozart singing?
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Sep 2016 13:50:28 -0400

Hi - my Opera L is a big mess, but my enthusiasm for Mozart is boundless, so here goes.

I adore the youtube version of Die Entfuhrung by the young Turkish soprano, Yelda Kodali. It is absolutely beautiful.

Kiri is a fine Mozart singer.  TAkje a look at her Countess arias and Ch’io mi scrod di the? the great concert aria written for Nancy Storace, if I am not mistaken.

You must hear Siepi as the Don. Absolutely delicious.

Reri Grist is a beautiful Susanna, and indeed spotlessly stylish and lovely in anything I have ever heard her so.

Berganza a fantastic Cherubino, as impeccable as all her singing.

Steber is a great Mozartian, as is Hilde Gueden.

The collection Les Introuvables de Chant Mozartien shows  the various fashions of Mozart singing as it changes, tempo and all.

OMG we can’t forget Simoneau and Gedda, either in the Don Ottavio arias.

And so many more!

RP