Subject: Re: Recorded arias that are supreme historic examples of Mozart singing?
From: Max Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:46:16 -0700

Jurinac's is also a marvelous "Come scoglio" and I think Seefried's late 40's recording of "L'amero, saro costante" is marvelously lovely.  For sheer eroticism, there's Pinza's "Deh, vieni alla finestra."

In a live performance, I heard Kathleen Battle sing a flawless "Ach, ich fühl's" (which, in its own way, is at least as fearsomely difficult as some of the more obviously showy arias - same with Tamino's "Dies Bildnis.")

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad