Subject: Re: Recorded arias that are supreme historic examples of Mozart singing?
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Sep 2016 05:03:27 +0000

Many valid  suggestions have already been made.

I am not sure I've heard a better "Traurigkeit" than Eleanor Steber's, or a better
"Al destin, che la minaccia" (from MITRIDATE) than Auger's. For IDOMENEO's "Idol mio" I'd turn to Margaret Price; for Ilia's arias to Sena Jurinac on the early Glyndebourne excerpts disc led by Busch. For the concert aria "Popoli di Tessaglia", Edda Moser.

Best- David Shengold

Modify your settings: