Subject: Re: Recorded arias that are supreme historic examples of Mozart singing?
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Sep 2016 00:14:50 -0400

There is also the 4-CD compilation "Les Introuvables du Chant Mozartien"
(EMI) with many classic renditions, some arias presented by more than one
version.

A few more suggestions:
- Fritz Wunderlich "Dies Bildnis" (FLUTE)
- Aleksander Kipnis was a great Sarastro, his "O Isis und Osiris"
- Elisabeth Gruemmer "Come scoglio" (COSI)
- Della Casa's beautiful Countess "Dove sono" (a sentimental favorite)
and Cesare Siepi's or more recent Peter Mattei's "Non piu andrai" from
FIGARO
- John McCormack's "Il mio tesoro" and Eleanor Steber's "Non mi dir" from
DON GIOVANNI
- another wonderful "Ach, ich fuhl's" is sung by Lotte Schoene (a sadly
neglected soprano whose career was cut short by the Nazis)

... and of course there is a lot more. Your student just can't go wrong
with Mozart. He is as close to perfection as humanly possible. Pure delight.

Vesna