Subject: Re: Norma at Covent Garden: Yoncheva - Calleja impress
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:01:22 -0400

I am hesitant to say this after only seeing this small blurb but this, being
my favorite scene, left me wondering what in god's name that director had
in mind.  This seemed nothing like the Norma I am accustomed to and
touched by.
And the indignities done to Pollione by Norma were embarrassing and
inappropriate.
As for the children being forced upon the scene, it looked uncomfortable,
forced and unnecessary.
The voices were wonderful.  The staging?  For shame!