Subject: Re: almost a Callas/Tucker recital
From: Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Aug 2016 14:08:17 -0500

While researching my book on Callas I came across the story of the Tucker invitation to join Maria in Boston. On further investigation among the authorities that founded the Maria Callas International Club there seemed to be a consensus this was just another Callas myth, which there are many.

I was present at the Boston concert, one of several I attended, and can honestly say she sang much better without Pippo. As to Tucker, cannot imagine what the result would have been, and I am a fan of the tenor.

Patrick Byrne

Sent from my iPhone