Subject: Re: almost a Callas/Tucker recital
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Aug 2016 06:24:42 -0400

Robert Sutherland was a musical advisor and accompanist
for Callas during much of the 1973-4 tour with Di Stefano.
He also wrote a book about his experiences with Callas called
"Maria Callas, Diaries of a Friendship".

Bob, a perusal of Google offers no answer to your question, but,
if he is even still alive he would be in his mid to late eighties.
Doubtful that they are one and the same! He was last known to
be on the faculty of the Royal College of Music

BTW, there is no mention of Tucker in a four page discussion of
the Boston episode. It states that on the 26th, Di Stefano was
unwell and that he woke the next morning unable to speak, at
which point there was a discussion that resulted in the decision
to have the Greek pianist, Vasso Devetzi, play at various intervals.
Quien sabe?

Bob