Subject: Re: The Callas discussion
From: robert levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Aug 2016 18:38:42 -0400

Now there's a snotty response, Jason.
Quite frankly, and since you cite the Sleepwalking scene, I'd like to say
that it would be easy to hear her artistry, her brilliance, her involvement
as well as every note, every diminuendo, every alteration of tone to suit
the text, with absolute clarity if it were being played on the sinking
Titanic.
Forgive us poor slobs - even us critics - who don't have the material to
listen to her on high-rez (24/96) and therefore cannot "adequately assess
her commercial output."
I've got them all - from LP on - and I never doubted a moment of that
Sleepwalking Scene.
Snotty, uppity and pitiable - that before your had your high rez you
couldn't "adequately assess" poor Callas.
Bob L