Subject: Re: Santa Barbara, California and opera (and Camner)
From: Daniel Tritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Aug 2016 17:44:04 +0200

...and let us not forget that dame judith anderson was the twentieth
century's definitive
lady macbeth and medea, not merely a comprimario role in a second rate
olivier film.

...and let me not forget that santa barbara houses the only restaurant in
my life
where i got food poisoning.

...and not say that lehmann "retired" in santa barbara. she founded the
music academy
of the west, and bumbry was hardly the only graduate...benita valente and
norman
mittelmann are two that come immediately to mind, and marilyn horne has
been the
doyenne there in recent decades, and bejun mehta is another esteemed
ajumnus..