Subject: Glimmerglass' STARS NIGHT OUT Cabaret cools us off after Boheme (7-28-16)
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:00:56 +0000

Since Boheme is a short opera at 10pm we headed over to the pavilion nearby for an informal cabaret by some of this summer's artists, including two from the Boheme cast. They were accompanied wonderfully by Kevin Miller and Katherine Kozak as the singers stood in front of the wonderful luggage construction set for Rossini's "Lost Luggage" that we shall see today.
Mezzo Zoe Reims(Tituba in The Crucible) started with Over the Rainbow and Ain't It That Good News
Emily Pogorelc (Johanna in Sweeney Todd) sang Somebody Somewhere (from Most Happy Fella) and There Won't Be Trumpets
Hunter Enoch(fresh from Marcello in Boheme) was moving in Still in Love(Kiss Me Kate) and Soliloquy (Carousel)
Allegra di Vita was amazing in Weil's Je Ne T'aime Pas and got laughs when she lost her lines in "I Don't Care"
Leah Hawkins (Lucia in Theiving Magpie) had recently switched from mezzo to soprano and sang R. Nathaniel Dett's I'm Travelling to the Grave followed by Creole Girl by H. Leslie Adams
Finishing the evening was our Schaunard, Brian Vu with Lonely Town from On the Town and an hysterical version of Shiksa Goddess from The Last Five Years that he brilliantly twisted to reflect his own Asian heritage!
Fun ending to a great day at Glimmerglass
ALAN SAVADA of Washington, DC